Sorry Evermore! Listening to a remix of your song “It’s Too Late” brought to mind only one question: what are we supposed to call bands that sound like Coldplay?
I thought we had this settled already; it’s not like the past half-decade has produced a lack of Coldplay sound-a-likes. But is there no common put-down for them? I would like to offer some suggestions:
- “They sound like Coldplay”
- Yeah, it’s accurate. And a lot of people have said it. But it’s just not catchy enough.
- “Coldplay-alike” or “Coldplay-a-like”
- It’s in common use. It’s short enough. But it’s kind of awkward.
- “Coldplay clone”
- You can’t go wrong with alliteration. And Google shows the phrase much love. I like it!
- That doesn’t even make sense.
- “Da Coldplayaz”
- This list is over!
Bonus Sadly Not Outdated Mockery: The song Everything Sounds Like Coldplay Now. This is from September 2005! Shockingly, the 2007 bands that don’t sound like Coldplay sound like Staind. Music has stopped evolving!