What I Learned From Scooter’s 1995 hit “Move Your Ass!”
- “Get up your shirts and wait for further instructions!”
- “Starting the microphone business I’ve got one message for the next decade: Move! Your! Ass!“
- “Maximum respect to the whole European posse!”
- “Ravers of the universe! You keep the spirit alive!”
- “Come on posse! You’ve gotta keep it up!”
- “Come on party! You’ve gotta move!”
- “It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice!”
- “Rave nation!”
Scooter, now celebrating their eleventh year of goofy techno cover tunes, has a pretty catchy single in “Hello! (Good To Be Back)”. In fact I though the chanting male chorus wouldn’t be out of place on an album by the twice-as-old Depeche Mode.
But who is really being sampled by Scooter? Read the fine print:
Yikes! It’s Gary Glitter!
So be careful. There’s only a thin line of good taste separating “Personal Jesus” from “Rock and Roll Part 2”.